Hello, quiet little blog of mine. I seem to have neglected you for a long, long time now. In all honesty, though, my time has been SO short in these recent months. So short that I hardly sit at the computer at all anymore. Instagram was a great idea, but I don't take time for that anymore either. We won't even talk about how long it's been since I used my DSLR, and of course, blogging is just a fond memory.
I have entered the world of full-time work (at our family's business) while homeschooling my kids....and gardening and animal tending and housekeeping and cooking and doing laundry, and keeping up with the grocery shopping and the seemingly never-ending orthodontist appointments. My days are jam-packed with to-dos. There is hardly a second to spare on any given day. It's such a drastic change from the way my life used to be and, honestly, it is hard. However, I absolutely LOVE being able to get out of the house and interact with other people. I don't know if I'd like it as much if I weren't able to bring my kids to work with me though. That is the part that makes it manageable and easy to love. We're able to do our school work and then work together and laugh together and that is what makes the 12 hour days worth it.
When I get home the house work is waiting for me, the laundry is in a never-ending pile in my bedroom floor, the kitchen sink is always overflowing with dirty dishes onto the counter tops (a new dishwasher is in my very near future!), the bathrooms are in constant disarray, and a massive water leak within an exterior wall of our house means that three rooms have water damage and need a complete remodel. But, in all the chaos, I'm trying to remind my past-blogging, mindful self to BE in the moment and be thankful for the blessings that I do have. I'm trying to remember not to sweat the small stuff.
Today, I'm thankful for the day off, away from work at the market, although a day off means that there is MUCH work to be done here at home. Right now, though....
- I'm enjoying the quiet while the kids are still asleep.
- I'm sipping a hot cup of coffee.
- I'm listening to a Hallmark Christmas movie play in the background and that makes me very happy! I love those movies!
- I have a snuggly blanket wrapped around my shoulders while the sun is peeking through my window.
- I keep thinking about my to-do list today...wash and, more importantly, FOLD all the laundry and put it away, wash the dishes, organize a ton of paperwork, do school work when the kids wake up, finish mopping the floors, feed the animals, fertilize the garden, clean the bathrooms, wash the bed sheets on the kids' beds, organize my computer desk (we can hardly clear enough space to use the mouse! LOL!)
What I'd like to be doing:
- Taking photos with my big camera
- Wasting time playing around with Photoshop
- Sitting in Starbucks, sipping a cup of hot coffee, before going to see Gone Girl.
- Having a lunch date (that has been promised for far too long) with a dear, sweet friend.
- Doing some Christmas shopping to stay ahead of the game.
- Sitting on the couch with a good book.
- Sitting in my clean house, watching Hallmark Christmas movies all day long while potato soup simmers on the stove.
- Taking time to just BE here, now.
Now, for a funny side note from 5am the next morning...It took me literally three hours to finish this post and combining it with photos just isn't going to happen. Then my son came in with a broken bracket on his braces before I could click Publish. So, we went off to the orthodontist. I know, what a surprise! So, finally twenty-four hours and a million thoughts later, I've come back to publish my blogging attempt. Now, to get ready for work today..... xo